A very easy preparation which could be taken well with chapati and rice both and equally rich in nutritius value as Red spinach is the great source of Iron and Lentil has high Protien content. The dish could be compare with French Puree with the only difference that Purees are liquidised while Teeman is Ghontod (a way of manual churning). One can also bring the variation in the dish by adding Paneer (cottage cheese) or some other non-veg items like Shrimps/Prawns etc which will make the dish very palatble.
- Thadia saag/Laal Sag (red spinach) : 500 gms.
- Masoor daal (Lentil): 75 gms
- Green chillis: 3-4 in nos
- Fennel seed: 4 gmsDry Red chilli: 4 gms
- Mustard oil: 10 ml
- Garam masala Pd: 2 pinches
- Salt : as per taste
- Pick, clean and wash Thadia saag and reduce them to smaller in size if they are too big.
- Wash and soak daal for some time.
- Put together daal, saag and split green chillies with salt (as reqd) in a pressure cooker and let it cook till 4-5 whistles.
- When the pressure is removed churn the mixture well with a churner.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add a tempering of fennel & red dry chilli followed by the mixture of saag.
- Let it simmer for some time and adjust the consistancy and seasoning.
Serve hot with rice or chapati.